3M™ 1860/1860S Health Care N95 Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask
This health care particulate respirator and surgical mask helps provide respiratory protection against certain airborne biological particles. It is disposable and fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious material.
- NIOSH approved as a Type N95 respirator to meet OSHA requirements and CDC guidelines for TB exposure control. Tests conducted by NIOSH in accordance with 42 CFR 84.
- Can be used during laser surgery, electrocautery and other procedures using powered medical instruments to help reduce wearer exposure to airborne particles (plume, smoke) generated during these procedures.
- Fluid resistant to help reduce potential exposure of the wearer to the spray, spatter and aerosol of blood and body fluids. 1870 highly fluid and splash resistant.
- 3M offers training materials and services to help meet OSHA training regulations for the use of respirators.
- They do not contain either natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber as components in the products or packaging.
- The 1860 is available in regular (1860) and small sizes (1860S) to fit a variety of face shapes and sizes.
- The 1870 fits most face sizes and head shapes, allowing standardization to a single respirator for use in the facility. Singly dispensed in individually packaged, sealed pouches to prevent contamination.
- Before use for respiratory protection, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting all the requirements of OSHA 2aC7R1910.134 such as medical evaluation, training, and fit testing. When used only as a surgical mask, fit testing is not required.
- TB Exposure Control
- Bacillus anthracis
- Laser and Electrocautery Surgery (OR), Isolation
- Emergency Medical Services