SPILL STATION, SPILLFIX GENERAL PURPOSE ABSORBENT
• Establish an Emergency Response Plan and spill control procedure for
minor leak or spill scenario considering the nature of the material being released
(e.g. whether it is toxic or flammable).
• Minor leaks or spills may be handled by trained personnel or the Company
Emergency Response Team. Prepare a suitable spill control kit for emergency
use. Contents of a typical spill control kit include (non-exhaustive):
- universal inert absorbents (e.g. absorbent booms, pads, pillows) for spill
- adsorbents for solvent and hydrocarbon spills
- drain covers and caution tape
- whisk broom or handheld brush, plastic/metal scoops and dust pan
- leak-proof disposal bags or containers to hold the spilled material and
- sealable impervious disposal container(s)
• For major leaks, notify the Singapore Civil Defence Force and/or Police.